Holistic Hope and Healing
Set among 200 acres of natural beauty, the Dammert Skilled Care Center provides person-centered hope and healing in a faith-based environment. Part of The Apartment Community, it’s located on the campus of the National Shrine of Our Lady of the Snows. Unlike other Life Plan (continuing care retirement) communities, our goals are centered around service to others as we extend the spirit of compassion and kindness that characterizes our founders, the Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate.
Residents receive responsive care in immaculately-kept, spacious, semi-private rooms equipped with unobtrusive emergency response systems. Our highly trained, experienced nurses regularly check on patients to ensure their comfort and well-being, share a moment, and offer a caring touch. Views of the wooded landscape and natural lighting from skylights throughout the common areas add to the relaxing, home-like atmosphere.
Friendly, Helpful Care Team
With a high team member-to-resident ratio, daily interactions between dedicated caregivers and residents often result in close, meaningful relationships. You won’t find it uncommon to hear residents and caregivers sharing memories and photos or simply chatting about their day.
Individualized Person-Centered Care
We agree with Pope Francis that our elders are the “reserve of the wisdom of our people”, and we treasure them. Our residents receive individualized care according to their needs. Our team members work closely with residents, their families and Life Enrichment to provide resident-driven programming that supports their physical and mental well-being and sense of purpose. As part of this ongoing effort, we provide updated tools and continuing education for each team member.
For the fifth year in a row, we were voted Best Retirement Community in the Metro-East as part of the Belleville New Democrat’s Readers’ Choice awards. For more than a decade, our Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing communities have received deficiency-free reports from the Illinois Department of Public Health. We recently received another deficiency-free report in August 2017.
Paying for Skilled Nursing Care
As a continuing care retirement community, The Apartment Community offers Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Skilled Nursing Care options to residents on a private-pay basis. Our services are of superior quality. Our daily rate for a semi-private room is $219.
Are You Looking for a Faith-Focused Life Plan Community for Your Loved One?
Learn about the Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Skilled Nursing Care options available at The Apartment Community of Our Lady of the Snows.
Private-Pay Residency at Dammert Skilled Care Center includes:
Health and Wellness
- A philosophy that life is never diminished, but is to be lived in loving abundance
- Personalized care plans
- Dietary planning and consulting
- Delicious daily meals
- Whirlpool bath and spa rooms
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy on-site
Dedicated Person-Centered Team
- 24-hour oversight
- Licensed nurses provide the best care and cultivate meaningful and engaging relationships with residents
- Medication administration by licensed nursing staff
- Restorative Therapy provided by Full-time Licensed Physical Therapy Assistant
- Full-time Life Enrichment Team
- Pastoral care assists in linking the connection of body mind and spirit as it relates to the overall health of our residents and families
- Weekly Protestant services and daily mass and communion serve as a stable presence in our community
- Assistance to attend Chapel services or other activities
Specialized Healthcare Providers On-Site Visits
- Mobile Eye Care Solutions
- Hearing Care Centers of Southern Illinois
- Dentist – Dr. Ethan Schuman DDS
- Podiatrist – Dr. David Weik, DPM
- Weekly on-site specialized healthcare provider visits
Activities and Entertainment